The Voice Over Process - How to Book Me
Step 1 - FREE CUSTOMISED DEMO OF YOUR PROJECT
One can often listen to a ream of voices, but not really know which voice may fit your particular project style.
Choosing a voice is highly subjective and often it's quite difficult to know which voice is right for your target audience, but once you hear it on your own material, it just fits!
Sometimes a clean voice (no music or effects) you may listen to could sound too young on its own, but with music in the background, it makes the script come alive and grabs your audience's attention.
If you're a producer or agent, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have a project you're pitching for - I am more than happy to help win business together.
Please contact me via email or a quick call, to discuss your free customised demo and arrange a convenient session time.
My top priority is building relationships and ensuring I have happy clients so we can work together producing creative content time and again. I approach all my work with professionalism, integrity and confidentiality, and I strive to provide my clients with the best quality product on time and to their budget. It's always a team effort.
1. Each and every project is different. I will provide you with a bespoke and accurate quotation based on a detailed description of what you'd like voiced.
What kind of project is it? Is it an audiobook, a commercial for broadcast on TV or Radio, E-learning course, a corporate video for your website, an explainer video for your customers, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), narration for a film?
Where will this video or voice recording be heard? Will it be personal for you and your family, or public? i.e. internal for your company employees, within your local community, will it only be heard within specific regions, or will it be broadcast nationally or internationally?
Who is the client? Are you the client, or are you commissioning work on behalf of someone else? And what size is the business - is it a one person company or a multinational?
How many words is your project script and what is your budget?
Will you need a RAW (untouched) or fully produced voice work?
How long will the project be live? i.e. for how many months or years will you need a license to use the material?
What is your deadline?
Could you send over a sample of your script, for a customised read of your project?
If you'd like to get an idea of what your project may cost in advance, there is an excellent UK Rate Guide which sets out standard industry rates and usage fees. I also use the USA GVAA Industry Rate card.
2. Using the detailed information above, I will be able to provide you with a tailored quote and send you a bespoke demo read.
3. If you're happy with your bespoke demo and your quotation, a simple email confirmation laying out the agreed terms and the final script, will set the project in motion.
At this point of green lighting the project, it's important to make sure you are completely happy with your scripted words. Any pronunciations of specific names will be clarified to ensure accuracy of recording.
4. I can either record in my professional home studio and send you the finished files, OR you are most welcome to dial into the session via Skype to listen/direct, or indeed if you'd like to record from your side, I recommend we use Source Connect Now. Please see Remote Studio Access to see how we can make this happen.
5. Delivery of your file(s) should be within 24 hours (Long form narration delivery deadlines to be agreed)
I will send you broadcast quality mastered files (post produced with EQ, Compression etc) in .WAV format (or any other format requested such as .OGG .MP3 .AIFF etc) with various bit depths and sample rates.
If you'd like a RAW version of the file (no post production - a pure recording from the Sennheiser MKH416 mic) that is no problem at all.
6. If you are completely happy with the files and the recording is signed off, then I'll will send you an invoice for payment.
If there are any script mistakes or you'd like some part of the script re-recorded, send your notes back to me. I'll re-record your script, as per your brief, and make sure you are 100% happy with with your project recording. Up to 2 re-takes will be provided within the fee, to ensure you have exactly what you need.
If you'd like to make changes to your script, please do so, but bear in mind that there may be a fee to re-record the script and provide you with a fresh read.
If you require any additional services, please don't hesitate to ask. These will be priced according to your specifications.
* Script editing and proof reading, if you'd like assistance with your scripts which may have been translated from a foreign
language into English.
* Add music and sound effects that you have chosen, with the voice track.
* Lay back the audio to your video.